WASHINGTON PROFESSIONAL SECURITY SERVICE WANTS YOU!!
Do have prior security, military, or law enforcement experience? Are you seeking a degree in criminal justice
Washington Professional Security Services wants you! We are looking for several high quality security professionals to fill openings at a corporate location. Ideal candidates would possess a positive attitude and professional demeanor. These officers are called upon to perform a wide variety of functions including but not limited to, access control, foot patrols and building checks, and multi-tasking on a constant basis. Prior security, military, or law enforcement experience required.
Available shifts: all shift
These positions REQUIRE security, military, or law enforcement experience
Open positions available in North County & Chesterfield area
TYPICAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains all equipment
- Follows post orders
- Access control
- Computer monitoring
- Patrols premises- foot patrols, inside and outside
- Reports suspicious activity
- Responds in emergency situations
- Preserves order
- The ability to utilize atablet, computer or smartphone.
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly. Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling. Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain. Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing and permit requirements for Security Officers and armed security work and specific protective device and weapons qualifications.
- Works in environments and under conditions that require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- Required to utilize rapid and effective judgment in responding to unusual or emergency situations using appropriate escalation of force level.
- Prior security, military, or law enforcement experience is highly desired
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 21years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Valid Driver's License